Some tips from the experts from The Times on how to improve the design and decor of your home.
Classic interior design
Ergonomc Hall Furniture
1. First, think about how our day would be ideal. Apart from family commitments and work, how we would spend the day? Perhaps we would ne a quiet place to sit and read for an hour, but do not want to have to lock ourselves in the room, away from our family, or perhaps we love to cook, even if we have a kitchenette. Write what you think and the response of other household members, as this will lay the foundation for our scheme.
Simple stylish design
Design Ideas Chairs
2. Make a list of things we have seen and have been delighted, and we would like to copy. Not only inspired TV shows, exhibitions and magazines. Visit art galleries and museums, as these may be the best example of how to combine shapes, textures, scale, lighting and space, not to mention the acoustics.
Classy decoration tips
Luxury Classic Sofa and Armchairs – Imperial
Cool Upholstered Swivel Chairs
3. Observing our own space. What are its advantages? For example, if you have good views can be designed especially for a window frame these views.
Impressive design room
Cool and Functional Convertible
4. And what are its drawbacks? Appalling views, for example, require that seen better windows, and still have a tight budget we have to consider it a priority.
Unique luxurious design
Bright And Modern Sofas
Modern Modular Sofa
5. Avoid being distracted by things like the wallpaper or textiles, and focus closely on the basics. Where to put a new floor can be an excellent opportunity to install floor outlets, for example, or a floor heating system below ground.
6. Measure the rooms well before investing in furniture. Develop a plan for each room and take it to the store, along with the tape. Also measure the doors and stairwells, to ensure that all the furniture we buy the house fit for the first time.
7. Do not stop to ask the suppliers (shyness) large samples of fabrics or flooring in order to be more confident in our decision. A large sample can give a very different impression of a smaller one.
8. When lighting a space consider how you want to use: for example, a light bedside reading and another pair in a raised position for dressing. It may be convenient to put the lights on different circuits and potentiometers for greater control of lighting.
9. When buying electrical appliances must remember the almost instant obsolescence rule: today, the new technology soon becomes old.
10. Get references from vendors and see their previous projects. Put goals in writing, to lay the foundations of the agreement.